Welcome to our school. We hope that this website will be of some help to you as you settle into the Oak Green School community. If you want any further information, please do not hesitate to ask.
Our Mission Statement
We seek to provide a happy and healthy environment where children feel safe and secure and enjoy and appreciate the rewards of learning. We recognise that every child has particular abilities and aptitudes and every one of them will have the opportunity to develop them here in our school.
Children will receive an education of excellent quality which caters for the wide range of learning styles where all areas of their development are individually met and celebrated. This includes being taught the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
The school will provide a stimulating learning environment, which allows children to fully develop their physical, academic and creative skills.
Every member of our school:
- Will have a very high expectation of behaviour so that a culture of trust, honesty, politeness and consideration is demonstrated by all.
- Will have a sense of respect and responsibility towards themselves and to others where they demonstrate understanding of the needs of others.
Our aim is for children to:
- Grow into confident, independent and motivated individuals in preparation to take their place in society in an informed, positive and active way.
- Be encouraged to develop lively, creative and enquiring minds to nurture a life-long love of learning.
- Understand that working hard reaps success and that achievement is celebrated and rewarded.
- Have an understanding and appreciation of the world and its people and have an interest in their environment, their heritage and their future.
- Develop a sense of pride in belonging to the school and the wider community.
Underpinning everything we do at Oak Green we believe in:
- Each child’s individuality and appreciation of their differences
- Respect and honesty
- Celebration of individual potential and recognition of strengths
- High standards of behaviour and politeness, caring and sharing
- Happiness, confidence, enthusiasm and high self esteem
- Feeling safe and promotion of a healthy lifestyle
- Good communication and valuing partnership
- A sense of responsibility and loyalty to others, to oneself and to our school
- The promotion of equal opportunity
- Determination and perseverance, resilience and patience
Our Pupil Premium for 2012/2013 is £86,000. This is used to:
- Employ additional Learning Support Assistants for small group support and 1:1 interventions
- Provide additional teachers to reduce class sizes for mathematics
- Subsidise the Breakfast Club and Residential Trips to support Free School Meal children to enable them to participate