1st May 2021
Each year the Buckinghamshire NHS Trust (BHT) School Nursing Service routinely visit Reception Class in your child’s school to undertake vision screening and height and weight measurements. However due to the Covid-19 pandemic we were unable to undertake this screening last year, but this will now resume for Year 1 children who are eligible and who have not had their eyes tested in the past 12 months.
Please let us know if you DO NOT want your child to participate in the Vision Screening Programme because of the following reasons:
Please note on the email withdrawing consent is for one of the following reasons:
- is currently under the care of an Ophthalmologist / Orthoptist / Optometrist at your local Hospital Eye Clinic
- is currently under the care of a local Optometrist (Optician) or had a recent sight test.
- do not want their child screened due to personal reasons
Please note this is to be used for screening queries and opting-out only
- Newsletter summer 2021 Year 6.pdf
- SUMMER YEAR 5 NEWSLETTER .pdf
- Summer newsletter 2021 Year 3.pdf
- Y4 Newsletter Summer 2021.pdf
Here are the flyers for our Schools and Early Years courses and workshops for June, for Nursery and Preschool, Reception, Y1&2, Y3&4 and our 2 workshops for Starting Secondary. Please advertise in the usual ways or signpost to our enrolment team with this link . or phone 01296 383582.
We will be running lots of transition courses and workshops during this half term, to make sure parents are able to help their children move to the next stage of their education as seamlessly as possible. This is particularly relevant this year, as children have had a very disrupted school year and parents may feel nervous about them moving on.
- For Y6, there will be 2 Starting Secondary workshops- Please ask your Y6 teams to promote these workshops, especially to parents who have children who may struggle.
- For Y2,3&4, there will be Moving Up which uses the book, The Truth Pixie by Matt Haig, to help children to have a positive mindset when moving on from things. This is aimed at transition but is also a wellbeing course for parents to help their children overcome worries and challenges.
- For Nursery/ Preschool children there will be a Getting Ready For Reception Workshop, run by our Early Years team. Please ask your preschool/ Nursery teachers to promote this workshop
- For children coming into Nursery/ Preschool there will be Steps into Nursery, again run by our Early Years team. You may know of children coming into school who would benefit from this workshop.
Also we will have other 5 week courses:
- Help to Make Your Child Money Confident course for R,Y1&2. Teaching both parents and children how to manage money, maths curriculum to do with money and how to stop ‘pester power’!
- Support Your Child with Science 5 week course for Y1&2
For Y3&4 there are 3 workshops. Parents can pick what they would like to do or all 3!
- Moving Up uses the book, as previously outlined
- Help your child to Solve Maths Problems- does what it says!
- Revolting Rhymes uses Roald Dahl books and other rhymes to engage children with reading and writing through craft, questioning and rhyme