From Friday 18th Dec, parents must use firstname.lastname@example.org for ANY pupil absence.
Ethos and Values
Oak Green School is a very special place to be. It is a school that allows your child to achieve so much within a secure, safe, welcoming environment.
Our school has been at the heart of the community for over 60 years, providing an excellent level of education on a wonderful school site consisting of 18 classrooms, a teaching kitchen, art room, mobile ICT suite, large hall, training room, forest school, fruit/ vegetable garden and library. We also have our own dining room and kitchen where hot meals are cooked on the premises. However, Oak Green is far more than a school with outstanding facilities and buildings. What matters most is how our children are given opportunities to flourish academically whilst enjoying experiences that help draw out their capacity for compassion, generosity and understanding through a vibrant, exciting curriculum.
As the headteacher, I take great pleasure in leading an experienced and skilled team of teachers and support staff who nurture responsible and mature attitudes in all our pupils while maximising the pupil’s learning experiences.
I would warmly invite you to come and see all of the above in action for yourself. I am sure you won’t be disappointed!
Julia Garrett Headteacher
Every member of our school:
- Will have a very high expectation of behaviour so that a culture of trust, honesty, politeness and consideration is demonstrated by all.
- Will have a sense of respect and responsibility towards themselves and to others where they demonstrate understanding of the needs of others.
Our aim is for children to:
- Grow into confident, independent and motivated individuals in preparation to take their place in society in an informed, positive and active way.
- Be encouraged to develop lively, creative and enquiring minds to nurture a life-long love of learning.
- Understand that working hard reaps success and that achievement is celebrated and rewarded.
- Have an understanding and appreciation of the world and its people and have an interest in their environment, their heritage and their future.
- Develop a sense of pride in belonging to the school and the wider community.
Underpinning everything we do at Oak Green we believe in:
- Each child’s individuality and appreciation of their differences
- Respect and honesty
- Celebration of individual potential and recognition of strengths
- High standards of behaviour and politeness, caring and sharing
- Happiness, confidence, enthusiasm and high self esteem
- Feeling safe and promotion of a healthy lifestyle
- Good communication and valuing partnership
- A sense of responsibility and loyalty to others, to oneself and to our school
- The promotion of equal opportunity
- Determination and perseverance, resilience and patience