Secondary Transfer Testing
What are the key dates for 2021 entry? Updated 24 July 2020
27-30 October practice and Secondary Transfer Test (out of county children)*
31 October 2020, 3pm - deadline for secondary school applications
2-5 November practice and Secondary Transfer Test (children attending Buckinghamshire primary and Partner schools)*
30 November 2020 - Secondary Transfer Test results*
1 March 2021 - National Offer Day
Would you like your child to take the Secondary Transfer Test?
- If your child goes to a Buckinghamshire LA primary school you don’t need to do anything - we register them for the Secondary Transfer Test automatically.
- If your child goes to any other school you will need to register them for Secondary Transfer Testing.
The registration deadline was 3pm on 25 June 2020.
Late registration is only available after this date for children moving into the area.
- Guide to making an application and the Secondary Transfer Testing process for September 2021 entry
- Your child will get ready for the test by completing the Familiarisation booklet at home.
- Your child will then take the Practice Test followed by the Secondary Transfer Test in October/November.
- We let you know your child’s results on 30 November. This will be after the secondary school application deadline so you will need to include a grammar school/schools on your application if you want your child to go to a grammar school and we recommend you always include a local upper school.
- If your child goes to a Buckinghamshire LA primary school write to your child’s headteacher to let them know you do not want your child to take the test.
In both cases remember to apply for your child’s secondary school place during the first half of the autumn term. Apply to the County or Borough in whose area your child lives.